Having problems connecting to the internet on your Windows 10 computer? Microsoft has a series of steps you can follow that should get you back online!
Run these networking commands in a command prompt window
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
- At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Restart your computer
More information can be found at Microsoft’s Support website.
Note: Red River Communications assumes no responsibility for any issues that may arise from following these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft.