Perform record keeping/accounting duties related to the operations of Red River Rural Telephone Association. Areas of responsibility include, Work Orders, Asset Management, Continuing Property Records (CPR’s), Inventory, and System Cable Facility Maps. This job will require working with the accounting and plant departments of Red River Rural Telephone Association.
- Reviews, compares and reconciles the subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger control accounts to determine accuracy and agreement. This includes, Work Orders, Asset Management, CPR’s, Material Inventory.
- Maintain and close work orders in a timely manner by assigning, compiling, computing work order records.
- Creation and maintaining the continuing property records. Maintaining of continuing property records includes inventorying, classification, adjusting, retiring and assigning cost.
- Creation and maintaining the Asset Management records. Maintaining of Asset Management records includes inventorying, classification, adjusting, retiring and assigning cost.
- Assists the Plant Department in establishing and maintaining staking sheets and system maps.
- Must work closely with the Director of Finance and Plant Personnel.
- Must comply with all safety and company policies as set forth by Red River Telephone.
- Must display a positive, professional appearance and work attitude.
- Must maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Be dedicated and committed to achieving company goals and objectives to promote the overall operation and success of Red River Telephone.
- Must understand that these are not the sole responsibilities by will perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
- Generally requires a high-school diploma plus additional specialized training.
- Associates degree or experience in Accounting, Inventory or Business Administration preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of ESRI and Visio preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry accounting practices preferred.
- Skill in ability to learn quickly, organize, prioritize and to pay attention to detail.
- Experience in operating different office equipment, such as, personal computers, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with moderate supervision.