Installs, maintains and services communications services/data circuits, copper and fiber optic cable, wireless subscriber modules, protection devices and customer owned equipment. Splices and tests copper and fiber optic cable. Proficient with test equipment such as VOM, ethernet tester, Wi-Fi analyzer, cable fault locator, OTDR and fusion splicer. Maintains and updates customer network information in NISC, NOC360 and other databases. Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact and poise.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and services, data circuits, copper and fiber optic cable, wireless subscriber modules, protection devices and customer owned equipment.
- Splices and tests copper and fiber optic cable.
- Proficient with test equipment such as VOM, ethernet tester, Wi-Fi analyzer, cable fault locator, OTDR and fusion splicers.
- Maintains and updates customer network information in NISC and NOC360.
- Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports in a timely fashion.
- Assists where necessary with contractors working near buried facilities.
- May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Completes administrative paperwork and forms on a timely basis as directed.
- Ability to continuously read, write, analyze and speak with clarity as needed.
- Dedicated and committed to achieving company goals and objectives to promote the overall operation of Red River Communications.
- Works safely and comply with all safety policies and company policies as set forth by Red River Communications.
- Displays a positive, professional appearance and work attitude.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area and company vehicle.
- Understands that these are not the sole responsibilities but will perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Must possess a valid and insurable driver’s license.
Red River Communications offers an excellent benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, flexible or health savings contributions, life insurance, long term disability, vacation and sick time as well as contributes towards a Pension and 401(k) Savings plan on behalf of the employee, upon meeting eligibility requirements. In addition, Red River offers a discount on phone and internet services as well as leave time for various occasions.
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com by February 1st, 2021!