Do you enjoy working with your hands, mind and body? This position offers the best of both worlds! The Outside Plant Technician position provides the ability to work indoors and outdoors, with all tools and training provided on the job.
You will have the opportunity to connect customers in our service area to our state-of-the-art fiber-optic network.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 23, 2022, to be considered.
Full Job Description – Outside Plant Network Technician
Red River Communications, in Abercrombie, ND, is seeking qualified candidates for a Network Technician position.
As a Network Technician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and servicing customer premise equipment, including station wire, station protectors, home networking, WiFi, IPTV/cable TV service and network interface devices. Experience with installation, maintenance and repair of line equipment, including drop wire, FTTH splitters and network facilities, including copper and fiber optic cable, fixed wireless systems, and broadband systems, is also required.
The successful candidate will work closely with others in the plant department, providing input and ideas that would benefit Red River Communications. As an employee of Red River Communications, the successful candidate will be expected to be an active participant in the promotion of the company and company services.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and services, data circuits, copper and fiber optic cable, wireless subscriber modules, protection devices and customer owned equipment.
- Splices and tests copper and fiber optic cable.
- Proficient with test equipment such as VOM, ethernet tester, Wi-Fi analyzer, cable fault locator, OTDR and fusion splicers.
- Maintains and updates customer network information in NISC and NOC360.
- Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports in a timely fashion.
- Assists where necessary with contractors working near buried facilities.
- May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Completes administrative paperwork and forms on a timely basis as directed.
- Ability to continuously read, write, analyze and speak with clarity as needed.
- Dedicated and committed to achieving company goals and objectives to promote the overall operation of Red River Communications.
- Works safely and comply with all safety policies and company policies as set forth by Red River Communications.
- Displays a positive, professional appearance and work attitude.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area and company vehicle.
- Understands that these are not the sole responsibilities but will perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Must possess a valid and insurable driver’s license.
Red River Communications offers an excellent wage and benefit package, including:
- Health Insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance with all and/or a majority of cost-sharing picked up by Red River Communications
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and additional policies to benefit and/or enhance work-life balance
- Retirement and securities pension and savings plan with an employer contribution for each.
- Discounted local phone, internet and television services or reimbursement for service.
- Great working and learning environment with the potential to learn and grow
How to Apply / Contact
Red River Communications is Growing. Come Learn and Grow with Us.
Red River provides the tools, training and a fun work environment where you can be you. We’re looking for bright, hardworking and cooperative folks to join our team.
If you think this is the right fit for you, send your resume or letter of interest to email@example.com by September 9th, 2022. If you have questions about this position, please call our office at 701-553-8309 and ask Jenna M.
If you’re interested or want more information, send us your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
This position is full-time with excellent benefits, including; health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, and a 401k with employer contributions. Not to mention time off benefits, discounted company services, and great coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
Thank you, and we look forward to meeting you!