Help Red River Communications Fund Rural Broadband
High-speed internet breaks down the barriers of distance and time, allowing residents of rural areas to participate in economic and civic life far beyond their geographic region.
In this spirit, we are asking for help to rectify an error that caused the elimination of FCC federal funding to Red River Communications for broadband internet services in the rural Barnesville and Rollag communities.
We need your help to guarantee rural communities continue to receive the federal funding necessary to maintain and improve infrastructure and broadband technical support.
Our Board of Directors has written a “Call to Action” letter that we will deliver to MN Senators Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith. By signing this letter, you can help encourage your senators to act on behalf of Red River Communications to have funds released by the FCC so we can continue to provide FiberFastTM broadband internet to your rural communities.
How can you help? We encourage you to sign the letter of support either by:
SIGN LETTER ONLINE
Thank you for supporting our efforts to fund rural broadband fully. We appreciate your help!
Click the link below to sign the letter digitally. When you click the link below, you will be redirected to sign via DocuSign.
PRINT AND MAIL
If you would prefer to sign and send us your “Letter of Support” directly, please download a PDF of the letter, print and send either by:
- Email form to email@example.com or
- Postal Mail: PO Box 136, Abercrombie, ND 58001
SIGN LETTER IN-PERSON
SIGN IN-PERSON by stopping by our office at Abercrombie Office or ATTEND one of our several in-person drive-by signing events listed below:
Barnesville, MN – The Pitchfork
20063 MN-34, Barnesville, MN September 21, 22, 23 – 4-7 PM
Rollag, MN Softball Field Parking Lot
Rollag, MN September 28, 29, 30 – 4-7 PM
Background of Error
- A consultant hired by the City of Barnesville filed FCC Form 477. The FCC Form 477 overreported Barnesville’s fiber-to-the-home broadband, suggesting it offered services in rural Barnesville and Rollag, which is only served by Red River Communications.
Upon learning of the misreported data, the Consulting firm acted swiftly to edit the incorrect census data, and inform the FCC. The FCC is refusing to look at the new data, therefore federal support has been elimiated for the rural commnities of Barnescille
- Since learning of the mapping inaccuracy in 2019, Red River Communications has spent countless hours meeting with the FCC and other government officials, trying to remedy the situation to no avail.
- To date, Red River has lost two years of funding, resulting in millions of dollars lost each year. These funds are being used to repay loans used to install infrastructure in these two communities, and without this funding, there can be a sizable rate increase for services.
Have More Questions? Please call our office at 701-553-8309, and we would love to chat.