The primary responsibilities of the Construction Worker is to complete construction projects to include new, maintenance, replacement and termination of outside plant fiber optic construction in conjunction with the Plant Operations Department. The Construction Worker will work at the direction of the Outside Plant Manager to assist with maintenance and repair of pedestals, poles and equipment. Assists to bury cable by digging as needed. May perform pest control tactics and removal as needed. Completes ground work maintenance as needed. May assist Network Technician with various wiring, repairs or installations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps and staking sheets that indicate how cable is to be placed.
- Advanced ability to use tools and equipment to dig, trench, and hoist properly so that cable to be buried in a safe and efficient manner.
- Advanced understanding of operating and maintenance of construction manuals.
- Maintains right of way and restores all disturbed surfaces during and after construction placement.
- Receives and carries out routine service orders for engineering projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with new construction and retirement of aerial plant while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Understands code standards and guidelines for bonding and grounding procedures for new pedestal and NID installations. Grounds and marks new pedestals when installed or repaired.
- Operates automotive and construction equipment and performs other assigned duties related to cable and conduit placement.
- Ability to work safely with equipment and tools needed for construction.
- Maintains company grounds by upkeep of entrances, walkways and any other designated areas on an on-going basis.
- Completes documentation, time report, mileage and expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Possesses and maintains a valid and insurable driver’s license.
- Possess CDL – Class A designation in good standing with health card, is required.
- 5+ years of heavy equipment operation with a strong safety record required.
- Ability to lift, push or pull at least 75 pounds.
- Strong customer interaction and people skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer data
This position is full time with excellent benefits to include; health, dental, life, and long term disability insurance, and a 401k with employer contributions. Not to mention time off benefits, discounted company services, great coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com, to be considered, please apply now!